“Mission is seen as a movement from God to the world, the Church is viewed as an instrument for that mission. There is church because there is mission, not vice versa.”
“Since God is a missionary God, God’s people are a missionary people.” David J. Bosch
St James’ Church is a Missional church that encourages and offers opportunities to everyone (youth, adults, elderly and families) to be involved in missions.
We are part of the wider family of the Diocese of Singapore, which includes the six deanery countries where we are called to plant Anglican churches. The six countries are Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Nepal, Thailand and Vietnam.
What do we do?
- Mobilise and sustain missions awareness for the SJC community to catch God’s heart for missions and know our role in fulfilling the Great Commission.
- Focus on developing SJC’s Tier 1 missions work in Thailand (Lat Krabang Anglican Church and Christ Church Banchang) and also supporting missions among the six deaneries of the Diocese of Singapore.
- Send – Identify, process and mentor SJC members with missions calling to serve in the mission field.
- Support – Pray, encourage and support our church’s missionaries and missionary associates.
“And how are they to preach unless they are sent?” Romans 10:15a
Learn more about our missions work in Thailand here.
What kind of involvement do we need from SJC members?
- Pray consistently for and encourage our church missionaries and missionary associates, and also the 6 deaneries.
- Go on short-term mission trips and attend cross-cultural preparation training.
- Learn about God’s heart for missions and opportunities to serve via our Missions Internship programme.
- Give generously and sacrificially towards the SJC Missions Fund.