Effective Date: 1 November 2023
At St James’ Church, we are committed to providing a safe and convenient environment for our congregation and visitors. To ensure the efficient use of our church carpark and address the issue of double parking, we have established the following carpark policy. We kindly request the cooperation of all members, attendees, and visitors to adhere to these guidelines for the benefit of our church community.
Section 1: General Carpark Rules
- Parking Hours: The church carpark is open during scheduled service times and church events and on weekdays (7am-5pm). All vehicles must enter and exit the carpark only during these hours.
- Authorized Parking Only: Only vehicles of church members, attendees, and authorized personnel are permitted to park in the church carpark. Unauthorized vehicles will be clamped at the owner’s expense.
- Double Parking: Double parking is strictly prohibited and will result in a penalty. Please park only in designated parking spaces.
- Disabled Parking: Designated parking spaces for disabled individuals are available. These spaces are reserved exclusively for those with a valid disabled parking permit.
- Speed Limit: A maximum speed limit of 10 km/h must be observed within the carpark premises for the safety of all pedestrians.
- No Overnight Parking: Overnight parking is not allowed in the church carpark unless authorization has been granted by church office. Vehicles left overnight may be towed at the owner’s expense.
Section 2: Parking Guidelines
- Designated Parking Spaces: Vehicles must be parked only within designated parking spaces, and they must be parked in a manner that does not obstruct any other vehicles or access lanes.
- Directional Parking: Please follow the directional signs within the carpark to ensure smooth traffic flow.
- No Parking Zones: Avoid parking in areas marked in red. These areas must be kept clear at all times.
- Respectful Behaviour: Please show courtesy and respect to fellow church members and attendees when parking and leaving the carpark.
Section 3: Enforcement and Penalties
- Warning Notice: Vehicles found to be in violation of this policy, especially double parking, will be issued a written warning. Their vehicle numbers and date of offence will be recorded by the church office.
- Wheel-clamping: Church reserves the right to wheel-clamp vehicles found to be in violation of the above parking guidelines. An administrative fee will be charged for the release of the wheel-clamp.
- Towing: Vehicles found to be in violation of this policy, especially if parked overnight may be towed out at the owner’s expense. The church is not responsible for any damage or loss that may occur during towing.
- Penalties: Aside from wheel-clamping, a financial penalty of $100 will be charged for violation of the above parking guidelines. Financial penalties in multiples of $100 will be charged for subsequent violations by the same vehicle or driver. A suspension of parking privileges within the church premises may additionally be imposed on a vehicle and/on a driver for repeated violations.
Section 4: Reporting Violations
If you witness any carpark violations, please report them to the church office immediately, providing the vehicle’s make, model, and license plate number. The church appreciates your assistance in maintaining order and safety in our carpark.
We appreciate your cooperation in adhering to this carpark policy. By doing so, you contribute to the safety and convenience of all those who visit our church. This policy may be amended from time to time as necessary to address emerging concerns or changes in our community’s needs.
Thank you for your understanding and commitment to the St James’ Church community. Together, we can ensure a pleasant experience for all our members and visitors.
Approved by St James’ Church Parochial Church Council on 21 September 2023.
Carpark Policy Committee:
- Revd Hambali Leonardi
- Gwee Ting Ai
- Josephine Lim
- Ong Chong Lian
- Tan Chuan Thye
- Henry Yeo