POSITION OPEN – Production/ AV Technician
The Production AV Technician is a committed Christian, adaptable, teachable and a team player, answering God’s call to join the staff at St James’ Church (SJC). You will work under your designated Reporting Officer (RO), following instructions and assisting as necessary.
Other responsibilities include setting up and running the sound and video equipment used to conduct both onsite and online meetings. Produce ministry/church related content which includes Pre-Production, Production, and post-Production works.
As SJC’s Production/ AV technician, you will be committed to a common purpose and direction, counting it your joy and privilege to serve the Lord in in your role. As a professional, you will remain composed under pressure, ready to take initiative when necessary and be self-motivated. Your role will require you to work as and when there are events which will require your support and expertise.
Reporting Officer (RO)
Head of Worship & Creative Arts Ministry (WCAM)
- Setup, operate and troubleshoot AV and Production Equipment for various livestreaming, pre-recorded and live events.
- Liaise with Event planners, Ministry Stakeholders & Volunteers to ideate and propose Production and/or AV setup for ministry needs.
- Conduct Quality Control Analysis before and after programs.
- Equipment Maintenance, Servicing & Repair
- Participate in ongoing refinement of team’s workflow and process with AV Core Team, providing constructive feedback on volunteer’s involvement.
- Participate in planning and designing of general onsite AV systems.
- Record and edit pre-recorded content as needed by the wider church body.
- When necessary, take on related tasks that contribute to the success of an event/program.
- Any other duties as assigned by your RO and/or the Vicar.
- At least 3 years’ experience volunteering or working in audio visual technology or a related field.
• Familiarity with computers and IP Networking Systems.
• Physically able to transport and set up heavy equipment.
• Good hearing and eyesight.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• A keen eye for detail.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and work experience within an NPO/ Anglican church context. Interested candidates are invited to submit your updated resume and email to HR@sjc.org.sg
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Closing Date: 30 September 2023