POSITION OPEN – Missions Pastoral Worker
We are seeking a qualified person, who is a committed Christian answering God’s call to join the staff at St. James’ Church (SJC).
As the Missions Pastoral Worker for SJC, you will assist with SJC’s overall Missional Strategy and plans of the church, helping to fulfil God’s call and great commission in Matthew 28: 19-20 to “go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you”.
This is an executive function reporting to the Missions Pastor to help plan, shape, implement and drive the Missions Ministry in an intentional manner.
Reporting Officer: This role will report directly to SJC Missions Pastor.
- Assist the SJC Missions Pastor and the Missions Committee in the overall missional strategy and plans of SJC.
- Develop and build a structure for effective sending and support of SJC missionaries and missions’ endeavors, by means of a SJC missions’ policy.
- Raise awareness and mobilize the parish for active missions, short term, and long term, through regular and ad hoc events and prayer meetings.
- Identify and provide missions mentoring and follow up of potential or confirmed SJC candidates to serve in overseas missions.
- Provide oversight and training for SJC short-term mission teams.
- Develop close partnerships with the mission fields and churches that SJC has committed to.
- Collate, manage, and keep track of the annual parish missions’ budget.
- Keep the parish updated on the work of the six Diocesan Deaneries for information, prayer, and involvement.
- Any other related duties as assigned by your Reporting Officer or the Vicar.
- Must have a strong sense of calling with a missional heart and passion for fulfilling God’s great commission.
- Be theologically trained with 10 to 12 years work experience in missions or related work.
- Specialization in missiology will be a definite plus.
- Fluency in an appropriate foreign language is an advantage but not a requirement.
Salary will commensurate with qualifications and work experience within an NPO/ Anglican church context. Interested candidates are invited to submit your updated resumé and email to HR@sjc.org.sg Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Closing Date: 30 October 2022